UK Pat Testing Case Studies & News

 

 A Hertfordshire contracting company and its
 managing director have been prosecuted for
 safety failings after a worker received an electric
 shock from a live junction box during poorly
 planned maintenance work in London.

Polish national Krzysztof Jabczanik was hospitalised in an induced coma as a result of the incident at a storage company on St Leonards Road, North Acton, on 4 August 2010. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fine for electrical safety failures.
A bed and breakfast operator in Harrogate has been hit with a £5,000 fine after being prosecuted by the local authority over a string of electrical safety failures. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reliable Pat Testing is on Facebook.

We now have a facebook page with testing news, information about us and sites we have worked on. We also upload pictures from time to time of contracts we have completed, faults we have found while testing and quality of work issues taken while on site. Visit Fackbook.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fires from electrical appliances.

There is considerable evidence that faulty electrical appliances continue to pose a serious threat to people and property. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Worker received 240 Volts.
Worker receives shock whilst using a pressure water washing machine.

A worker received a 240 Volt electric shock whilst using a pressure water washing machine. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

240 volt electric shock that broke both shoulders.
An employee sustained a 240 volt electric shock that broke both shoulders whilst attempting to test a newly manufactured appliance that had been incorrectly wired to the mains lead. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEE MORE CASE STUDIES